Xmas Layby Terms and conditions
Xmas Layby Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Xmas layby?
- A 'layby' is 'paying off' a purchase before you receive it.
- Last month payment is 1 November
- Payment method is monthly debit order
- It is interest-free!
- We deliver after the last instalment shortly after the 1 November.
How do I buy on layby from SA Scooter Shop?
- Checkout the normal way and select 'Pay by Layby' payment method.
- A member of our sales team will contact you to set up the deposit and debit order.
- Once you have paid the full price over your layby period, (last payment is on 1 November), you can collect your products or it can be delivered to you.
How many months can I choose?
- This is a Xmas layby, your last payment date is 1 November.
- If your order is in January, number of months will be 10 months (payments)
- Payments for the example will be: 1 Feb, 1 March, 1 April, 1 May, 1 June, 1 July, 1 Aug, 1 Sept 1 Oct, 1 Nov
How much do I pay?
- Your layby payment is purchase price divided by number of months.
- eg. If your order is R1999, and layby period is 10 months. The payment will be R199 per month (ending on 1 November)
When do I get the delivery?
- 5-7 days after final payment has cleared.
- Final payment debit order runs on 1 November.
What are the advantages of entering into a lay-by agreement?
- Easy payments for the best Xmas present ever!
- The advantage of buying goods on lay-by is that SA Scooter Shop will not charge interest on your lay-by.
- If the price of the products change while you're paying off your lay-by, you still pay the old price!
Will I have to pay a deposit?
- Yes, a R200 deposit is required to start your layby.
- Paid immediately by debit order when you have completed your checkout. If the debit order fails your order will be cancelled.
If I miss a payment will you still keep my order?
- If you miss a payment we cannot guarantee that we will have stock for you when your layby matures, but we will assist you with an alternative product
- For all missed or late payments a R120 admin fee will be charged on the next instalment.
- After 2 missed consecutive instalments are missed, your layby will be immediately be cancelled, with cancellation costs.
What happens if I miss a payment?
- If the debit order fails or is unpaid, there is an admin charge of R120.
- This is added to your next month debit order.
- Your layby period will not change and the remaining outstanding payment will be divided by the number of months left to calculate the new instalment.
- To terminate the debit order, written confirmation is needed by email 30 days in advance, and a R400 termination fee is charged.
Must I pay by debit order?
Yes, our layby payment system is automated the debit order is automatically captured to your account against your order.
Can I pay by EFT?
No, we do not accept EFT or bank deposit payment for layby orders.
How do I cancel my layby?
- We do have cancellation fees in place that will cover admin and restocking fees: R400 admin debit order termination charge, plus 1% layby cancellation fee
- If you would like to extend the length of your layby, please contact us (0861467772).
Will the price of the goods escalate during the agreement?
- We will not increase the price of the good during the agreement.
- When you enter the lay-by agreement, the price is fixed.
I have a promo code and voucher can I use it on my past layby?
- You cannot back date any promo codes or vouchers to old layby orders.
- They can only be used on new orders.
Will the price of the goods change during the agreement?
- Your order pricing in your layby agreement is fixed.
- If the products' pricing increases due to the exchange rate fluctuations, or possibly decrease for a short sale or special we run, your price in your layby agreement will not change.
Can we extend our layby?
All laybys are based on a calendar year (Jan - Nov) and ends 1 November.
If any payments are received after 1 November, we cannot guarantee that you will receive your order before Xmas.
Is there any penalties if I miss a payment?
Yes, a R120 admin fee will be charged on your next instalment for all late or failed payments.