The iGO COMPACT 4-wheel mobility scooter by SA SCOOTER SHOP has taken South Africa by storm. Not surprising - this is a top quality, full-sized scooter with the lightweight and portability of a travel scooter!
Combining cutting edge technology with attractive designs, the soaring demand for this revolutionary mobility scooter shows how it has already enhanced the quality of life of many people with walking disabilities.
This iGO COMPACT mobility scooter is only about 109cm long and 55cm wide and can be quickly and wireless taken apart for transport or storage. Yet it is a full size portable scooter that can carry loads of up to 136kg and offer exceptional manoeuvrability and braking safety. The scooter’s maximum speed is just over 8km per hour and, with a properly charged battery, it has an average operating range of up to 20kms – more than enough to take its user all over sprawling shopping malls, or long rides in the park.
Some of the iGO COMPACT 4-wheel mobility scooter’s many innovative features are:
- The Delta tiller is easy to use and can be adjusted to the user’s most suitable driving position. A lock secures the tiller in place when disassembled.
- The stadium-style seat can swivel to the left or right for easy transfers or to park the scooter for comfortable seating at a café table or office desk;
- The iGO COMPACT scooter also features width- and angle-adjustable armrests to find the most comfortable seated position as well as to make transfers easier;
- The mobility scooter’s tiller handle is fitted with rubber hand rests for comfort, and dual throttle control levers for easy right- or left-hand use.
- The easy to read control panel features a backlit battery gauge, oversized speed control knob, key switch to turn the unit on and off; and horn button.
- Located under the mobility scooter seat, the battery pack has a wireless connector system for easy disassembly and reassembly. The battery pack and its charger can be removed and brought indoors for charging. The scooter also has its own charging port on the side of the control panel for battery charging without the removal of the battery pack.
- The MOBILITY SCOOTER has two detachable storage baskets – one on the tiller and another under the seat for safe storage of valuables.
- The mobility scooter’s plastic floor mat is designed so that water and debris can be removed easily with a damp cloth.
As optional accessories, owners of the iGO COMPACT mobility scooter can also purchase holders for walking canes and crutches, cups, and oxygen canisters . Mirrors and safety flags can also be fitted, and a cover as well as touch-up paint for the red or blue mobility scooters are also available from SA Scooter Shop. Mechanical docking and lift devices to load the mobility scooter in a vehicle can also be supplied at additional cost.
The mobility scooter’s frame is guaranteed for a lifetime and the drive train and electronics for two years. When facing the wide and somewhat bewildering choice of mobility scooters now on the market, it is wise to invest in a quality, proven product and deal with a reputable, established company to ensure adequate after-sales service and care. Mobility Scooters ticks all the boxes here.